Hey, about the visa I'm pretty sure Canadians can "Leave to Enter" the UK without applying for one as long as you have your acceptance letter indicating the school dates and that you have a return ticket.

Ah, I see.  I wasn’t entirely sure about whether I needed one or not as the website told me I didn’t need one.  However, it’s good that I applied for one as it saves some time during my registration process at my host institution.